Excited as we are about our holidays, there are fears that strike deep every time we are getting ready for one. Here they are
- We wont get up in time! The flights are invariably at odd hours of the night/morning and we have at least 3 alarms set at 5 minutes apart. But with kids, its even crazier. I fear they will be cranky, will need to poop, wont want to go…..
- We’ll keep everyone awake on the flight! With 2 kids, that can really happen. I keep homeopathic and allopathic medicines to put them to sleep, should they be over excited.
- We won’t have enough food/clothes/entertainment for the kids to get through the flight! It’s such a tough trade off between packing only whats’s necessary in the in flight bag vs making sure we are packed for every eventuality. sigh!
- We’ll leave the camera..somewhere! It’s now the 5th thing to be managed – 2 kids, 2 bags and the camera bag. One of these is likely to get left behind – in the flight, the restaurant, the taxi …
- We’ll have a poop situation in a restaurant with no changing tray! Where does one change a baby? certainly not near the table laden with food
- The kids will get sick! I hope not. I hope not. I hope not.
- I won’t have the net connection when there’s a really cool moment to share on social media! Yeah. Blush.
- It will be too hot or too cold to wear all the clothes I packed! For ourselves, I can do with less, but with the kids, what if it rains? what if its too sunny? what if they get their only pair of jeans dirty?
- FOMO! – fear of missing out on the next episodes of The Game of Thrones or whatever it is that I am watching then.
That’s what gets me sweating about travel. What are your travel fears?